Assessment and feedback Policy
Although marking and feedback form part of every classroom’s routines, it is not the marking that is the crucial part of the process.
It is the assessment opportunities and feedback that the teacher provides to help the student move forwards in their learning and how the students react to this, which helps pupils to strive to reach their full potential. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that we maximise the impact of this process.
At Yarborough Academy, we believe that a consistent approach to marking and feedback will:
- Ensure all students have an understanding of their achievements and areas for development.
- Raise the achievement and self-esteem of students by providing them with prompt, regular and diagnostic feedback about their work.
- Ensure continuity for the pupils as they move through the academy.
- Use the assessments, linked to the Milestones, to inform teachers future plans so lessons, workshops and skills sessions are targeted to children’s needs and interventions
- Be manageable for teachers and accessible for children.
Please click link below to download the policies